Different functions like sum, group by, and Count etc. can be applied to the variables.
If the user drags or selects a column in the selection area, a function would be applied to that column by default, depending upon the type of variable. Mostly, a group by function is applied automatically for categorical variables and sum for numerical variables.
If a selected column has some function applied, it will look as follows:
If the column has no function applied, it will look as follows:
Ascending/descending order: Users can toggle between ascending, descending & default view of the data by clicking on the arrows as shown below:
Users can click on the arrow present at the right hand side of the column name and can have the following functions:
- Delete: To delete the selected column
- Use as a filter: To select the column as a filter
- Hidden: To hide the column from the selection area
- Use as Co-ordinate: If the selected column has geo-coordinates data, it can be used for creating HIMaps
- Aggregate functions: Show the list of aggregate functions that can be applied to the numerical variables. For more details on Aggregate functions, click here
- Group by: This function can be applied for group categorical variables
- More: User can apply more advanced data base functions by selecting this option. To know more details, Click Here