In this article, you will learn about usage of “Quick Database Functions”. Quick mode option allows you to select function directly from the function list. The function list is shown based on the datatype like text, date, dateTime and numeric. Using Quick mode you can apply only single function on the data.
How to open Quick Mode
Suppose you want to apply function on date data type then using Quick mode option you can see the predefined function list based on the datatype like extract date, date_format, day name, day of month, day of week, day of year, last_day, month, month name etc. Client can themselves add more functions in this list. Click here to know more.
How to apply a function on the column using quick mode :
- Go to adhoc editor
- Drag and drop the required column
- Select the column on which functions needs to be applied
- Suppose selected column is of date datatype
- Click on the column in selection panel then click More
- On clicking more a window pops up where quick tab is in open mode
- Select the required function from the list and click Save.
- Now click on Generate Report
Month Name Function:
After saving, generate the report for final output.
Day Name Function:
Similarly, you can apply date datatype database functions.
Whereas for Numeric Datatype quick mode option has the functions like
- Average : It shows the average value of the data,
- Round : It will round off the values
- Power : It displays number raise to power of another number
- Sqrt : It displays the square root values
- Mod : displays the reminder values and many more functions.
Output on applying the various Numeric function : Square Root Function:
Similarly, you can apply other numeric datatype database functions on the respective column.
In Quick Mode here are the default list of functions available for text datatype
Some of the functions for text datatype are : concat, bit-length, proper, lower, upper, insert, trim and so on.
- concat : It is used for joining multiple text.
- proper : It is used to convert first letter of text into upper case and rest into lower case.
- lower : It converts the text into lower case.
- upper : It converts the text into upper case.
- insert : It inserts the string at any position.
- trim : It removes the space from beginning and ending of the string. and many more.
Here are some of the Advanced Database Functions For More Info, Contact us at email@example.com For video, Click Here