However, if the user requires to use a certain visualization for an exceptional case, the said visualization need not be added to the list of existing visualization options, instead can be stored separately and called only for the said case.
For this example, the “VF FILES” for a Bullet Chart is being used. The following image contains the folder contents of the “Bullet Chart VF” folder.Detailed explanation on adding the created VF-File in an Adhoc report, will be found here
Bullet Chart :Bullet charts are generally used to show data for Target, Achieved and Marker (Milestone). Steps:
- Download this .zip file.
- The unzipped folder, named “VF FILES”, is to be placed in the HI file repository.
- Detailed explanation on adding the created VF-File in an Adhoc report, will be found here
- Two Dimensions (Text)
- Three Measures (Numeric)
- First Text value will be used as “Title”.
- Second Text value will be used as “Subtitle”.
- First Numeric value will be used as “Target/Range”.
- Second Numeric Value will be used as “Achieved/Measure”.
- Third Numeric value will be used as “Milestone/Marker”.
- In case of less than just 2 numeric values, Milestone and Achieved will display the same values and in tooltip “Milestone” will be shown as key “Marker” and the value same as that of “Achieved”.
- In case of just 1 numeric value, all three values will be shown as same and will be for “Range”.