This blog gives details of the installation of Apache Drill in embedded mode, i.e., to use Drill on a single node. If you wish to install Drill in distributed mode, follow the instructions here.Pre-requisites:
- Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows: Oracle or OpenJDK 8
- Windows only:
- A JAVA_HOME environment variable that points to the JDK installation
- A PATH environment variable that includes a pointer to the JDK installation
- A utility for unzipping a tar.gz file
Install Drill on Linux and MacOS:
- In a terminal window, change to the directory where you want to install Drill.
- Download the latest version of Apache Drill here or from the Apache Drill mirror site with the command appropriate for your system:
- wget http://apache.mirrors.hoobly.com/drill/drill-1.14.0/apache-drill-1.14.0.tar.gz
- curl -o apache-drill-1.14.0.tar.gz http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/drill/drill-1.14.0/apache-drill-1.14.0.tar.gz
- Copy the downloaded file to the directory where you want to install Drill.
- Extract the contents of the Drill .tar.gz file. Use sudo only if necessary: tar -xvzf <.tar.gz file name>
- The extraction process creates the installation directory containing the Drill software. You can now start Drill.
Install Drill on Windows:
- Download the latest version of Apache Drill here.
- Move the downloaded file to the directory where you want to install Drill.
- Unzip the GZ file using a third-party tool. If the tool you use does not unzip the underlying TAR file as well as the GZ file, perform a second unzip to extract the Drill software. The extraction process creates the installation directory containing the Drill software.
- You can now start Drill.
For more information you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org