Helical Insight application is having validations on each and every page and actions. This blog elaborates how you can disable those validations, change the messages etc related to validations.
The validation logic which is needed to validate different inputs and modules in Helical Insight can be configured in Validation.xml file.
Note: The path might be different based on your installation.
- Let us say a user wants to change the validations present in the username value in ad-hoc data source creation page i.e. http://localhost:8085/hi-ee/adhoc/datasource-create.html.
- Open validation.xml file and there in mapping tag you can find out the relevant file name which has details about the validations for this specific HTML page:
Tag < mapping> --- --- --- --- --- </mapping >
- All the validation files which are mapped in Validation.xml file is present in location:
- Make the required changes in the file.
- Refresh the reload configuration for validation.xml file from the front end.
- Regex expressions: The regex expressions for backend validations are written in file ”regex.properties” located at
This screenshot contains a few regex expressions which are present in the file ”regex.properties”. If a required user can change the regex expressions in this file.
- For example, a user wants to change validation setting for ad-hoc data source creation.
<hi-repository>\System\Admin\Validation\In the below screenshot look for tag <username> :-
Username required to connect to a data source which is having type=”string”. Here, a user can change it to text if he wants only alphabetical values in data source username.
If <useName type =” text”> -> The ad-hoc data source can have username value only as text and not alphanumeric values.
Similarly, one can configure or update all the validation logic in Helical Insight in a different set of files as per the requirement.