In this blog we will learn how to convert a number from one base to another and output will be String from numeric column in Helical Insight.
- Below you can see we are having a column in numeric.
- If we want to convert a number from one base to another and output will be String. Click on Travel Cost column.
- Click on more, user will get two options i.e., Quick and Advanced
- Click on “Advanced” in this you will see a function called “BaseConverter”. Double click on that function and then drag down the Travel cost column / user can give values in number, ‘frombase’, ‘tobase’ tabs in the selected BaseConverter function box at the bottom. click on Save button.
- Click on “Generate” report. You will see the desired output as below.
Note: These functions are specific to the database and may / may not appear based on the kind of database that you are connecting to. Please refer to below blog to add more database functions for your specific use case.Adding Database Functions