In this blog we will learn how to insert a substring into a string at a specified position for a certain number of characters from text column in Helical Insight.
- Below you can see we are having a column in text.
- If we want to insert a substring into a string at a specified position. Click on column.
- Click on more, a user will get two options i.e., Quick and Advanced
- Click on “Advanced” in this you will see a function called “insert”. Double click on that function and then drag the column, give the values in position tab, length tab and give the string in new String tab in the selected insert function box at the bottom. Click on Save button.
- Click on “Generate” report. You will see the desired output as below.
Note: These functions are specific to the database and may / may not appear based on the kind of database that you are connecting to. Please refer to below blog to add more database functions for your specific use case. How to Add a Database Function