In this blog, we will provide steps to connect to google big query data source connection in Helical Insight Open Source BI application
Helical Insight is successfully installed
Login to BigQuery Web UI, and create dataset and tables by following below link:
Create dataset in BigQuery
- Download required of simba JDBC driver for big query from the below link:
- Simba JDBC Driver for Big Query
- It will download in zip format
- Extract zip file
- Create new folder named “BigQuery” and move all the extracted files inside this folder
- Upload zip file into Helical Insight Application:
- Login into Helical Insight application
- Go to Datasources page
- Click on “Add driver” which is generally present towards the end of the webpage and Upload (You have to upload the zip file which was created on step number 4.d)
- Observe, bigquery database icon will appear with a green tick mark. If its not appearing make sure that you click reload the page.
- Create BigQuery datasource connection:
- Click on ‘Bigquery’ icon
- Click on create
- Provide required details such URL and Datasource Name [refer below provided connection example]
- Username and password will remain blank since that information is being fetched from the P12 / JSON file.
- Click test connection, if test connection is success and Save dataosurce
Current JDBC driver releases: JDBC 4.2-compatible
Zip the above created BigQuery folder which is having the extracted files
For Example, Following is the sample connection URL for Bigquery
jdbc:bigquery://[Host]:[Port];ProjectId=[Project];OAuthType=[AuthValue];OAuthServiceAcctEmail=[emailid];OAuthPvtKeyPath=[path of p12 or JSON file]
ProjectID – property to the name of BigQuery project.
OAuthServiceAcctEmai – service account name of the p12 file
Based on the OS the path notation will change in terms of slash.
For example Windows path address would be like:
OAuthPvtKeyPath – Provide .p12 file path that is used to authenticate the service account email address. This parameter supports keys in .pl2 or .json format.
Click on Test Connection, if the connection is successful then save the datasource.