In this blog, we will learn how to display the location of a substring in a string from text column in Helical Insight.
- Below you can see we are having a column in text.
- If we want to display the location of a substring in a string. Click on column.
- Click on more, a user will get two options i.e., Quick and Advanced
- Click on “Advanced” in this you will see a function called “instr”. Double click on that function and then drag the column and give the substring string in subString tab in the selected instr function box at the bottom.Click on Save button.
- Click on “Generate” report. You will see the desired output as below.
Note: These functions are specific to the database and may / may not appear based on the kind of database that you are connecting to. Please refer to below blog to add more database functions for your specific use case. How to Add a Database Function