It is possible to use MongoDB with Open Source BI product Helical Insight. There are two methods via which we can use Mongo inside Helical Insight.
Method 1 : Via Dremio
Method 2: Via Drill. Read on to learn how to connect via Apache Drill.
Users can connect to MongoDB in Helical Insight via Apache Drill. The below given steps must be followed to establish the connection.
Step 1: Install and start Apache Drill. To learn how to install Apache Drill, click here.
Step 2: Configure the middleware to support MongoDB.
Step 3: Go to Data Sources page. You can now see the MongoDB icon now.
Step 4: Click on MongoDB icon. You will be taken to Create popup. Fill in the following details:
- Host: Enter the server details or IP where the data resides.
- Port: Enter the port number to connect to your database server.
- Database Name: Enter the name of your database.
- User Name: Enter the username credential if required to access your database.
- Password: Enter the password credential if required to access your database.
- Data Source Name: Enter a name of your choice to the data source connection.
Step 5: Advanced: If you have any advanced settings required to access your database, click on “Advanced” link at the top right corner of the Create Tab. The additional fields are:
- Other Options:Enter the properties that are required additionally apart from the Host IP and Port to access the database. E.g.: ?sel=true.
- URL: This field shows the URL that is generated to create the JDBC connection. This can be used to verify if the properties are sufficient to access the database.
- Driver: This field shows the driver that is being used to establish the connection. It can be changed if required.
- Datasource: This is the name of the datasource provider. By default it is Tomcat. It can be changed, if required.
Step 6: Click on Test Connection to test the connection.
Step 7: Once the test is successful, click on Save DataSource. The following screen will appear. You can now use this connection to:
- Create a Metadata
- Edit the DataSource
- Share the DataSource
For more information you can email on email@example.com