- We recommend that the system has minimum 10 GB free space and 4 GB RAM. Your actual production server hardware requirements will depend on the data size and concurrent users.
- You should have admin privileges before installing.
- No previous instance of Apache Tomcat should be running. Please stop any Tomcat instance if it is running.
- Java 8. If java is not installed, please refer to the below URLs for Java installation and environment variables configuration :
Click here, for Windows
Click here, for Linux
Select the type of Operating System you use:
Command Line Interface
- Double-click on the jar file that has been downloaded. You will see the following Installer screen:
Click on Next. You will get the screen as below with the License Agreement.
- Click on “I agree the terms of this license agreement.” Click on Next You will get the following screen.
- Select the location where you want to install the application. Click on Next.
- Select the Port that you want to use and the name that you want to give to the application. Click on Next
- Verify the Installation details. Click on Next .
- Once the installation is done, click on Next .
- The application is successfully installed.
- Go to a Web Browser and type “your-path:port-number/application-name” in the address bar. For example, in this case, we will type “localhost:8085/hi-ee” in the address bar and we will get the following login screen:
Other related blogs:
Migration from Jetty to Tomcat and Migration from Derby to MySQL