- We recommend that the system has minimum 10 GB free space and 4 GB RAM. Your actual production server hardware requirements will depend on the data size and concurrent users.
- You should have admin privileges before installing.
- No previous instance of Apache Tomcat should be running. Please stop any Tomcat instance if it is akready running. The Helical Insight installer is having Apache Tomcat as a part of the installer itself by default.
- Please ensure that you have an active internet connection before proceeding with the Helical Insight installation.
- Internet connectvity is required only during intallation for downloading and updating application components. Once the setup is completed application will run without internet connection.
- Google Chrome browser. If you don’t have Google Chrome browser get it from https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Java 11. If java is not installed, please refer to the below URLs for Java installation and environment variables configuration :
- Click here, for Windows
- Manual Installation
Download Helical Insight executable and save it at your desired location.
Select the type of Operating System you use:
- Double-click on the jar file that has been downloaded. You will see the following Installer screen:
- Click on Next. You will get the screen as below with the License Agreement.
- Click on “I agree the terms of this license agreement.” Click on Next You will get the following screen.
- Select the location where you want to install the application. Click on Next.
- Select the Port that you want to use and the name that you want to give to the application. Click on Next
- Verify the Installation details. Click on Next .
- Once the installation is done, click on Next .
- The application is successfully installed.
- Go to a Web Browser and type “your-path:port-number/application-name” in the address bar. For example, in this case, we will type “localhost:8085/hi-ee” in the address bar and we will get the following login screen:
NB: Please bear if installation is taking long time as it might be downloading and setting up application for you.
Other related blogs: