- We recommend that the system has minimum 10 GB free space and 4 GB RAM. Your actual production server hardware requirements will depend on the data size and concurrent users.
- You should have admin privileges before installing.
- No previous instance of Apache Tomcat should be running. Please stop any Tomcat instance if it is akready running. The Helical Insight installer is having Apache Tomcat as a part of the installer itself by default.
- Java 11. If java is not installed, please refer to the below URLs for Java installation and environment variables configuration :
Note: Our default installer works with the above mentioned specifications. If you are using some other version of Java or Tomcat you can use our manual installer in those cases. Refer to the blog to learn more.Manual Installation
Download Helical Insight 4.0 executable and save it in your desired location.
Select the type of Operating System you use:
- Double-click on the jar file that has been downloaded. You will see the following Installer screen:
- Click on Next. You will get the screen as below with the License Agreement.
- Click on “I agree the terms of this license agreement.” Click on Next You will get the following screen.
- Select the location where you want to install the application. Click on Next.
- Select the Port that you want to use and the name that you want to give to the application. Click on Next
- Verify the Installation details. Click on Next .
- Once the installation is done, click on Next .
- The application is successfully installed.
- Go to a Web Browser and type “your-path:port-number/application-name” in the address bar. For example, in this case, we will type “localhost:8085/hi-ee” in the address bar and we will get the following login screen:
Other related blogs: