Oracle recently released the “Deprecation Notice for Oracle Reports”. As released by Oracle:
Oracle Fusion Middleware’s 12c R2 release (188.8.131.52.0) will be Oracle Reports terminal release.
You are advised to use or migrate to Oracle BI Publisher for reporting purposes. Oracle BI Publisher is Oracle’s strategic product for enterprise reporting. This reporting solution allows authoring, managing, and delivering pixel-perfect customer facing reports against various data sources with web browser or familiar desktop tools and minimal impact to transactional system.
It does is a overwhelming day for all users who were using the software for their critical business needs. It will not be easy to find exact match for oracle database reporting tools, but we are running out of runway for Oracle Reports Migration before the support ends. Almost all the users are already finding Oracle Reports alternatives that they want from other BI tools. If you are sailing on the same boat and looking for migrating Oracle Reports to other BI publisher, you are at the right place.
What Next for best oracle reports alternative
As of today, we have a plethora of BI tools in the market with various features. However, each of them has its own features and limitations. Right from the high-end proprietary tools to pocket friendly opensource solutions. The key to selection of our next BI product lies in fact that how many of those features are needed by our current and future business needs and what would it cost me.
Preparation of charts and visually appealing graphics are part of most of the BI tools. However, the main feature that many of current tools lack is the pixel-perfect canned reporting that was catered by Oracle Reports. Does the new tool has it? Further, If I am technically good does those reports can be customized to our needs? Or, If I am not from technical background, will I still be able to use these reports for current needs without much effort or hiring a new resource for this one time set-up? Many of such questions do could our mind and hinder from making a sane decision.
Open Source Alternative to Oracle Reports
We shall share one such powerful tool that that could be an asset to your growing organization is Helical Insight. The canned reports are easy to implement and can be scheduled periodically as per your needs.
If you do not know programming, the basic pixel-perfect report is just a few steps away. No need to worry about learning a new language and setting it up with tedious workload. An on-screen help is provided for you already. We also have a detail documentation to help you step-by-step. You do not need to depend on technology team for either a few changes or building it up from beginning.
If you are tech savvy, there is no limit to what you can do with it and make your print friendly, pixel-perfect reports
We shall also assist you for conversion of you Oracle Reports to the Helical Insight Canned Reports
Helical Insight tool is not only designed for canned-reporting. It is a holistic BI tool that will cater all your BI needs. The powerful features that makes Helical Insight stand out of the crowd are:
- DataSource: Support of variousdb including RDBMS, Columnar DB, Flat files, NoSQL db like MySQL MariaDB Postgrss SQLserver PrestoDB Vertica DynamoDB Mongo etc
- Support of various kind of flat files.
- Ability to upload custom JDBC drivers
User Role Management
- Embedding and SSO : Embedding options like iframe, webservices, object tag, embed tag etc – Single Sign On support with options like CAS, LDAP, AD, ADFS, JWT, oAuth etc
- User role management: Providing 4 layers of security like organization, role, user and profiles
- Multi-tenant application
- Row level data security based on the user, role, org, profile etc thus ensuring people see only their own data
Reporting and Analytics
- Self service drag drop interface allowing a no code platform
- Dashboard designer module with drag drop interface to create dashboard
- Support of more than 30+ visualization options and map
- Create map based analytics, infographs, reports etc with filters, drill down, drill through etc
- Canned report allowing multipager document kind of reports like invoice, salary slip, bank statement etc
- Various kind of exporting options like pdf jpeg png excel csv etc. An ability to specify exporting config with specific config (like paper size, width, header, footer, custom code on export etc)
- Email scheduling capabilities
- Caching and pagination for better performance
- HA and LB support
- API support for each and every frontend function, thus allowing to automate things and build custom UI also.
- Open source code
- Support of workflow
- Placeholders to allow injecting of your own custom HTML, CSS, SQL, Groovy code etc
- Ability to add your own chart, your own chart customization, your own DBfunction, your own aggregate function
- Community version completely free
- Various flexible pricing options
- Subscription license option without distribution
- Subscription license option with distribution
- Perpetual license option without distribution
- Perpetual license option with distribution Support
- in-memory support
- I driven workflow engine with data pipeline capabilities
- ML and NLP integration, thus allowing Google search like interface to create reports
- Continuous UX revamp and much more
Premium prompt support. Even you can get the ability of custom services from Helical Insight team directly at very affordable costs. There are other features also exporting, email scheduling, white labeling etc. Below are some of the snapshots of the dashboard built using helical insight.
You can reach out to email@example.com for custom demo, POC and help with migration.