It is possible to connect and use CSV or Excel directly inside Helical Insight. Pre-requisites include you should have Dremio installed. This blog gives the steps how to upload CSV/Excel in Dremio and use that as a datasource at Helical Insight application end..
Step 1: Install Dremio and start it.
Step 2: Open Dremio in the browser by typing your-host-ip:port. In this case, we have localhost:9047. The default port for Dremio is 9047.
Step 3: Click on Add File icon.
Step 4: Click on Browse. You will be taken to the file browser. Select your file. Click on Next after file is uploaded.
Step 5: Set the File Format as you would like to see it. Click on Save.
The file will be uploaded to Dremio.
Step 7: In the Create popup, enter the details:
- Host: Enter the IP address of the machine where Dremio is installed. Please note that direct= should be present before the IP address.
- Port: Enter the port for Dremio.
- Database Name: Dremio has a file-based system. So enter the path to the CSV file as a dot notation in the format Folder-name.file-name.csv
- User Name: Authentication required to access Dremio.
- Password: Part of the authentication required to access Dremio.
- Data Source Name: Give the name of your choice to the data source.
Step 9:Once the connection test is successful, click on Save DataSource. You can now use the connection to:
- Create Metadata
- Edit the Datasource
- Share the Datasource
For more information you can email on email@example.com