Helical Insight is an Open Source Business Intelligence (BI) Framework which is used for creating reports and dashboards from a variety of data sources. You can be using relational databases, NoSQL databases, columnar databases, flat files etc; you can connect to your database in 4 easy steps and start creating analytics. Helical Insight is one of the best open source business intelligence tools for SQL Server with easy connectivity using a JDBC driver that can be found here. Once connected, you can quickly start creating the reports in under 10 minutes. You can easily connect to SQL Server using our documentation on connecting datasources.
The BI tool has a simple drag and drop interface to create reports, dashboards, infographs, map based analytics and canned reports using the columns of your SQL Server database. There are various visualizations and customizations available by default. You can also insert your own JS and CSS to create your own customizations. What’s more, you can cache the query results and set your own cache refresh times. Reports are easily shareable using the URL and can be viewed on all popular web browsers. You can also embed the reports in your product or website. Helical Insight also supports various types of SSO including LDAP, CAS, ADFS, OAuth, token based authentication mechanism.
Key Benefits of Helical Insight:
- Easy drag and drop interface for creation of reports, dashboards, canned reports, map analytics and infographs.
- In-built workflow engine which can be used to define various workflows.
- It is one of the few business intelligence tools for SQL Server that supports threshold based alerting as well as dynamic database switching.
- With each functionality being supported by an API at the backend, it has added flexibility during integration with any product.
- Easy scheduling of reports and dashboards
- Support for exporting reports in various formats.
- A completely browser based product with on premise installation. Also full compatibility with any of the popular cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP, Digital Ocean etc.
- Add your own JS, CSS, visualizations and database functions
- Easily white label the application
- Completely responsive, and hence built solution can be viewed on any device
- Caching and pagination for better performance
- Support of load balancing and high availability
- Ability to use in in-memory mode for high performance even with huge data set
Helical Insight is a business intelligence tool especially popular among SMEs and startups that are looking for very feature rich product while keeping costs minimal. With its transparent pricing options which includes subscription, perpetual etc an end user will always know what will be the cost and there are ABSOLUTELY NO HIDDEN COST, unlike other products which keep on charging based on users, sessions, exports, data, white labeling, SSO and much more. Product companies looking to integrate and embed dashboards into their product choose Helical Insight as the preferred business intelligence software for SQL Server. The tool is available in two versions – community edition which is free of cost and an enterprise edition which is reasonably priced and offers a plethora of options with its drag and drop interface and canned reports interface. A free trial of the enterprise edition is available here. The extensive product blog and forum provide excellent step by step instructions on the product usage. Companies who want to go for a completely free version, they can also find out free version already hosted on Github.
You can refer to the following links to know more about this unique open source BI tool:
Getting started : https://www.helicalinsight.com/getting-started/getting-started-hi/
User Guides : https://www.helicalinsight.com/guide/
Video Guides : https://www.helicalinsight.com/videos/
Getting started with metadata: https://www.helicalinsight.com/ad-hoc-report-module/create-and-edit-metadata/
Getting started with Adhoc: https://www.helicalinsight.com/getting-started/getting-start-with-adhoc-designer/
Getting started with user role management: https://www.helicalinsight.com/getting-started/user-role-management/
Getting started with Dashboard designer: https://www.helicalinsight.com/dashboard-designer-customization/dashboard-designer-overview/
White Labelling : https://www.helicalinsight.com/helicalinsight-v1-0-0/white-labelling/
Whereas if you are looking to use our Community Free version then you can find the documentation information here in the category “Community Reporting” Reach out to us at email@example.com in case of any questions