The Home page gives an overview of server health, allows the super admin and admin to do user role management, handle scheduled reports, manage plugins and middleware configuration.Overview Tab:
In the overview tab, there are various cards.
- Disk Space: This card gives the information of the disk space available on the machine/server that Helical Insight is installed on. Refresh button is available to see the current status if any changes have been made.
- JVM Memory: This is the information on how much JVM memory has been allocated to Tomcat and how much is currently used. Refresh button is available to see the current status if any changes have been made. We can increase the JVM memory for better performance. How to Increase JVM Memory
- Temp Directory: This gives information of the temporary files. When you click on 3 dots, you can see the details of the temporary files. There are options to delete the files in the Temp Directory and also refresh the temp directory status.
- Cache: This is the status of the application cache. One can see how many resources are present in the cache. You can also delete all the resources in cache. It is possible to configure the entire application level cache by making changes in cache.xml file as well as individual report level cache can also be defined.
- Cached Reports: This shows how many reports are present in the cache. A list of reports can be seen on clicking the 3 dots. You can delete the reports and also refresh the status.
- Cached Data sources: This card shows how many data sources are available in the cache. When user clicks on the details button (3 dots), a list of all the data sources and their type, connection ID, and Cache Status are shown. There are 4 types of Cache Status:
- Data Source: As soon as the data source connection is created, the catalogs, schema and tables inside the database are added to the cache. This status is shown as Datasource.
- Partial: When a metadata with a few tables and columns is created, those tables and columns are added to the cache. This status is shown as Partial.
- Full: When all the tables and columns of a particular data source are added to the cache (using single or multiple metadata), it is shown as Full.
- Connection: If the Refresh button on the cached datasources card is clicked, then all the details are erased from the cache. If a user loads a report of a data source that is not present in the cache, the data source connection is present in the cache. However, the metadata and associated tables and columns are not present. Hence, this status is Connection.
- License Details: This card gives the information about the type of license and the expiration date. You can also see the build and version of Helical Insight here.
- Logger Settings: This is where you can set the type of logs that will be generated by Helical Insight. You can see a list of default Java logging types.
- Reload Configurations: This has the option to refresh Application, Validation and Cache. These buttons are used to apply changes made to settings.xml, validation.xml and cache.xml files respectively.
In order to see a list of modifications that can be done in settings.xml, Click Here.
In order to see a list of modifications that can be done in validation.xml, Click Here.
In order to modify the application cache, refer to Click Here.
System Details Tab:
Under this tab, you can see details of the threads running on the system as well as JVM threads.
User Management, Organisation and Roles Tabs:
These tabs are used to achieve multi-tenancy. Details of steps to do user role management are available in this blog.
This tab gives a list of all the reports that have been scheduled. You can pause, stop or delete a particular schedule. Please note that any schedule deleted from this page will restart on application server restart.
The plugin tab gives a list of data source drivers that are present in the Drivers folder of hi-repository. User can delete the driver that is not required. Whenever a driver is added from the data sources page, it gets added to this list as well. Similarly, if the driver is deleted from the plugins list, it gets removed from the datasources tab and the green tick mark against that particular database icon will be removed.
This tab is used to configure the middleware for the use of NoSQL database and flat files. Please refer this blog to understand how to configure middleware.
The file browser on the home page gives access to all the files in the repository, including metadata, reports, dashboards, saved reports and community reports. For more details on the file browser and the various operations, click here.If you have any queries, please write to post them on forum or write to us at email@example.com